Thursday, November 13, 2008

Twilight Movie

Twilight the movie is coming to theatres Nov 21. It is a must see, and a must read book!
"What? A must read book, but its a movie?"
That it is, but a movie derived from the first novel by Stephenie Meyer, 'Twilight'
Twilight is part of a vampiric series, there is four books in total. Twilight, Eclpise, New Moon, Breaking Dawn. It is a young adult novel that has swept the nation, it has been said to rival Harry Potter. The adolescent girls who were not captured by the Harry Potter craze, or other like minded novels, will have a hard time eluding the series which has enthralled so many of our youth today. Buyer-be-ware! This series will knock your socks off!


I cannot wait to see the movie, it should be awesome! Although tree climbing, come on!
I agree with the actor chosen to play Edward, Cedric times 10, Bella's actress too. I have to say though, I am kind of a little sceptic about how the movie is going to compare to the book. I hope all goes well and I can't wait to see it with my co-working peeps! I'll pass the keyboard onto my lovely co-writer Sensai Monique.


I am also excited to see the movie Carlia-sabi! But you are right about feeling a bit hesitant. For example, look at Harry Potter. Fabulous books, okay movies AND this was not because the movies were not done well. They were great movies but by even slightly altering your perceptions of the characters you had already imagined and come to love, it was a let down. Also, I think seeing some of the dialogue from the book will not translate well to the big screen. I think it will come across as a bit cheesy b/c what sounds so good in your head creates a completely different feeling/mood/tone when spoken aloud. However, I look forward to some hot Edward action!

So if any of you enjoy some easy reading, vampiric teen fluff, Twilight is the series for you. It is well-written and thouroughly enjoyable. I would recommend this to readers of Annette Curtis Smith, L.J.Smith, Melissa Marr and Holly Black. Go team!

"You are my life now" - See now how would that sound spoken out loud?
MC hammer- still breaking it down!

No comments: